FiveSolas.com - committed to the Doctrines of Grace
The subject of infant baptism is not just a discussion of should infants be baptized or if only professing believers are to be baptized. The discussion goes deeper than that. Pivotal points are an understanding of the nature of the Church, the role of the covenants, and the hermeneutic used to interpret the passages.
Below are a collection of defenses on both sides.
Paedobaptism (infant baptism)
- Why We Baptize Babies by John Murray. (off-site)
- The Polemics of Infant Baptism by B.B. Warfield. (off-site)
- Sprinkling is Scriptural A Reply to the Baptist Adamthwaite's "Baptism is Immersion!" This detailed look at sprinkling vs immersion.
- The Way of Salvation: Baptism From Thomas Watson's A Body of Divinity
- From a Reformed discussion list. A brief discussion of the underlying beliefs of covenantal theology as applied to baptism.
- Infant Baptism: Does the Bible Teach It? Dr. Gregg Strawbridge. A rather lengthy but easy to read treatment of infant baptism. (off-site)
- Covenantal Infant Baptism Another article by Dr. Gregg Strawbridge with an emphasis on Covenantal theology. (off-site)
- A baptism allegory An allegory to explain baptism.(off-site)
- Infant Baptism An article by Jim Lim with his conclusions.
- Baptism A booklet by Francis Shaeffer.
- Is God the God of the Mature Professing Christian Only? (off-site) A response to A Critical Evaluation of Paedobaptism (see below).
- Sermon notes by Randy Booth who was a Reformed Baptist and wrote Children of Promise.
Credobaptism (believer's baptism)