FiveSolas.com - committed to the Doctrines of Grace
The following is a collection of articles that explain some of the distinctives of Reformed Theology. Briefly, Reformed Theology is a covenantal approach to understanding Scripture, the sovereignty of God over all aspects of His creation, and Calvinist in its view of how God works to save His children. Those who hold to Reformed Theology see the Westminster Confession as the best summarization of Scripture to help explain how God works, who we are before Him, and what He expects of us.
- What It Means To Be Reformed at Tim Challies' blog. (off-site)
- Soli Fide: The Reformed Doctrine of Justification by J.I. Packer. (off-site)
- TULIP with Scriptures A great outline of T.U.L.I.P.
- God's Covenants With Man--The Church by A.A. Hodge
- A Definition A brief definition/over-view of what constitutes "Reformed."
- T.U.L.I.P. Also known as the 5 points of Calvinism and The Doctrines of Grace.
- Calvinism vs Arminianism A chart comparing Calvinism to Arminianism.
- The Reformed Faith A brief summary by B.B. Warfield.
- The Five Solas of the Reformation Frequently mentioned in Reformed circles.
- The Westminster Confession of Faith Single html file (on-site).
- The Westminster Confession of Faith Adobe Acrobat pdf file (on-site).
- The Westminster Confession of Faith with proofs. (off-site)
- Westminster Larger Catechism (off-site)
- The Sum of Saving Knowledge Built around the Westminster Confession of Faith and presented in a comprehensive format.
- Creation options (off-site) Various views on Creation passage of Genesis from a Reformed perspective.
- An Antidote against Arminianism by Christopher Ness.
- A letter to John Wesley George Whitefield's classic letter.
- Arminianism: The Golden Idol of Freewill by Augustus Toplady (1740-1778)
- The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination by Loraine Boettner.
A covenantal approach to interpreting Scripture and how God has worked in redemptive history is integral to Reformed theology. Below are some notes and summaries defending that view.
- Biblical Proof that the Mosaic Administration is part of the unfolding Covenant
- From a Reformed discussion list. A brief discussion of the underlying beliefs of covenantal theology as applied to baptism.
- Introduction to the Covenant by Herman Wistius (1636 - 1708)
- The Suserain Treaties Notes from a lecture by Dr. Meridith Kline
- A Turretin Summary A summary/notes on Turretin's explanation of Covenant Theology
- Chapter 7 of the Westminster Confession (off-site)
| Reading Room | Home | Search |